Drawing on nearly 40 years of experience serving government clients, Optum has created a comprehensive workers’ compensation program to address federal agencies’ most critical needs for managing pharmacy benefit and ancillary services. The benefits for your federal agency include:
Benefits for the injured worker include:
- Discounted rates – We offer agencies discounted rates on medication prices and ancillary products and services, with prescription savings of more than 20% off Federal Employees Compensation Act (FECA) rates.
- Clinical oversight – Clinical oversight confirms appropriate therapy for the type and severity of injury. Our team of pharmacists is available to counsel injured workers or claims professionals on any medication issue or question, and they are focused only on workers’ compensation.
- Comprehensive analytics and reporting – Our team of dedicated associates use an extensive data warehouse to identify trends and provide insightful analysis for informed decision-making through customized reports and ongoing review to assess program performance.
- Easy access – Access to nearly 70,000 retail pharmacy network locations, including all major pharmacy chains, independent outlets, national clinics, compounding pharmacies, and physician dispensers/repackers.
- Hassle-free transactions – Pharmacy cards are provided, saving time as prescriptions are processed under the program without delay.
- Educational resources – Helpful online tools include a pharmacy locator, both brand and generic medication lists, and a medication look-up tool; not to mention other helpful resources.
- Convenient mail order option – Our mail order program allows injured workers to have their medications delivered directly to their home, saving time without detriment to their medication therapy regimen.
Interested in learning more? Get in touch
or click on one of the icons below.